AHFA 2020: FIVE STEPS FOR FINALISTS
The countdown is on. This November 8th will see the best of the best congregate (both live and virtually) for the industry’s night of nights: the 2020 Australian Hair Fashion Awards.
With just one week until the big night, we thought we’d take this time to give you a quick rundown of the event’s finer details; the who, what, where (and what to wear) of the 2020 Australian Hair Fashion Awards.
Get excited. We know we are.
While we’d love to have you ALL in attendance, current restrictions have put a dent in cross-border travel plans. This won’t, however, spell a halt in our plans for celebration!
Thanks to the magic of technology, all finalists will still receive their moment of glory, as we dial into each respective state and finalist. Please ensure you have a functioning Zoom account and that you’ve pre-tested your video, audio and connectivity ahead of your respective category announcement.
Pro tip: Ensure your chosen smart device is fully charged (and/or plugged in if permittable), your camera lens clean and dust free – and ready for capture. We suggest mounting your device on a tripod or ring light for best results. Because, who doesn’t love a little glow?
In keeping with the night’s proceedings (and to ensure we don’t veer too far off course!) all finalists will be required to sign into their scheduled Zoom Meeting Room 2 categories prior to their own category announcement.
Please find the Event Program below for your reference; be sure to take note of your respective category announcement(s), and their corresponding timeslot(s). All Zoom Meeting links will be sent on an individual basis, prior to November 8th. (Be sure to save the embedded email link for easy access on the night!)
Pro tip: All scheduled timeslots have been provided in Australian Eastern Daylight Time (GMT+11), so be sure to schedule in accordance with your applicable time zone. We have attached a conversion graph for each state to make this process a little easier!
3. TEST RUN:
To ensure the night runs smoothly, we’ll be dialling into each Zoom Meeting Room (ahead of time) for a quick connectivity check – so be sure to make yourself available on the day of the AHFA Gala (Sunday 8th November).
We don’t want an unforeseen glitch to mean you miss out on your big moment!
If it’s not on Instagram… did it even happen?
We love a good share, and we know you do too. So, to ensure your winning moment is suitably captured (and ready to go viral!), be sure to set up a second smartphone to record your reaction – live and in real time!
Pro tip: Remember to utilise your device’s back camera (as opposed to selfie mode) for a high-quality capture. Post your winning moments with the tags @aushairfashionawards @thejournalmag @dysonhair #dysonprohair #ahfa20 for a chance to be reposted.
A quick note for category winners; please prepare a short, sweet (and cyber friendly) thank you speech totalling no more than 30 seconds in length.
A kind reminder that the event will be live streamed (with many viewers turning in with their children and family members) so please refrain from using offensive language.
Winners should expect to receive their physical trophies within approximately 7 business days (subject to Aus Post and COVID-19 delays).
FROCK UP AND FLOCK
Whether you’re in close proximity, or across state borders, we want you to join the celebration – so be sure to gather your nearest and dearest for a night of cyber-revelries! Let’s keep the AHFA love flowing; make sure you share your viewing parties and event outfits with the hashtag #ahfa20 to enter Best Dressed and for a chance to be reposted.
Need a little push? We’re offering this years’ best dressed attendee an exclusive prize pack (full of tools and goodies) and a years’ worth of bragging rights… simply for showing up in their finest Gala attire.
So be sure to frock up, and flock together, for what’s sure to be a night you won’t forget! The winner will be announced post event proceedings via @aushairfashionawards, so be sure you’re following!
Good luck to all of our incredible finalists and a massive congratulations on making it this far! Be sure to stay tuned for more news and announcements regarding AHFA 2021.
For more information or for any enquiries, be sure to contact [email protected] or 0433 442 778.
Until then… stay safe! We can’t wait to celebrate with you on the 8th!
- Black Carpet Arrivals hosted by SketchShe
- Welcome by David Mannah
- Dyson Runway
- Official Awards hosted by Carissa Walford
- Apprentice of the Year Award presented by Matrix
- Newcomer of the Year Award presented by Dyson
- Salon Business of the Year Award presented by K18
- Excellence in Education Award presented by L’Oréal Professionnel
- Artistic Team of the Year Award presented by ghd
- Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year Award presented by Alfaparf Milano
- Creative Colourist of the Year Award presented by Eleven Australia
- Men’s Hairdresser of the Year Award presented by American Crew
- Best New Professional Haircare Product
- Best New Professional Hairstyling Product
- Most Innovative Hair Tool
- Industry choice of the Year Award
- Special guest performance by Sheldon Riley
- Session Stylist of the Year Award presented by Dyson
- Transformation Stylist of the Year presented by Showpony
- Makeup Artist of the Year Award
- Fashion Stylist of the Year Award
- Hair Shot of the Year Award
- Digital Influencer of the Year Award presented by Redken
- Hair Fashion Video of the Year Award
- Fame Team 2020 presented by Dyson, Joico, Evo, Seamless1
- WA/NT State Hairdresser of the Year Award
- SA/TAS State Hairdresser of the Year Award presented by Davroe
- QLD State Hairdresser of the Year Award presented by Hairhouse
- VIC State Hairdresser of the Year Award presented by Hairhouse
- NSW/ACT State Hairdresser of the Year Award presented by Salon Lane
- Australian Hairdresser of the Year Award presented by Dyson
- DJ Dan Rowntree
- Special guest performance by Alfie Arcuri